Learn about Swahili as a tool for communication and gain insights into the East African societies and cultures. This course, Basic Swahili For Beginners, provides a brief introduction to the Swahili language, its scripts and sounds, and how words are formed. You will hear short conversations where people greet each other and introduce themselves, and learn how to count from one to twenty. You’ll learn different ways of saying your name and greeting people, as well as common words to get your conversation started. This course is introductory material for absolute beginners in Swahili.
Your journey to learning Swahili starts here. It is going to be an easy ride for you with this course.
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: Introducing Yourself and Greetings
- Lesson 3: Commonly Used Words and Phrases in Swahili
- Lesson 4: Numbers in Swahili
- Lesson 5: Days of The Week in Swahili
- Lesson 6: Months of The Year in Swahili
- Lesson 7: Family Members in Swahili
- Lesson 8: Nationalities in Swahili
- Lesson 9: Common Verbs and Sentence Formation
- Lesson 10: Simple Conversation in Swahili
- Quiz 1